A mom's journal of the sweet things in her life...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

S'mores Cookies

You know how when you see a picture of food, or a food commercial and you just have to have whatever it is?  That's what happened with these cookies.  I found the recipe on one of my favorite food blogs, Obsessed with Baking by Steph, and after drooling over the pictures, I added the necessary ingredients to my shopping list.  There was no getting around it, I had to try these cookies. And fast.  (I might also mention that this is the same blog responsible for putting an end to my miserable search for the perfect moist chocolate cake...so thank you Steph...again!) 
Everyone knows the 3 basic components required for S'mores. Just looking at the picture of these cookies, you see it's got the chocolate and marshmallows, but when I read the ingredients and saw that it also has Graham Wafer crumbs in the batter, I was even more intrigued. I've never been one to eat raw cookie dough. I'll taste a small bit off my finger or the spoon, but that's it. Until today. This cookie dough is to die for. I couldn't stop. I kept going back into the fridge as it was chilling and sneaking spoonfuls of it. It's just that good. It's gotta be the graham wafer crumbs.
These cookies are fabulous.  Obviously a kid-pleaser, but not to the exclusion of adults.  Trust me.  Make. These. Cookies.
Recipe for S'mores Cookies
1 3/4 c. flour
1 c. graham wafer crumbs
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups of miniature chocolate chips (I only used 1 cup)
1 1/2 c. miniature mashmallows
2 Hershey's plain chocolate bars, chopped
In a stand mixer, beat butter and both sugars until fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour, graham wafer crumbs, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. (I saw that Steph used a much lower temperature so I compromised and did it at 350 degrees, which worked for me.)
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto cookie sheets. Bake 8 minutes, remove from oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and few pieces of chocolate bar into each cookie and return to oven for additional 2 to 3 minutes until fully cooked. (Or until they are the right hue of golden brown to your liking - I waited 4 minutes.) Cool on wire rack.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made these! Aren't they the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh wow s'mores cookies these sound delicious :) I wish people loved smores as much in the Uk :( theres nothing like that over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to make these! I'm drooling over the picture above!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ap269:
    DO MAKE THEM! They were so good! And tell me how you liked them when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a yummy blog! My kids and I are drooling over your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie: Thanks!! Always great to hear! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails