A mom's journal of the sweet things in her life...

Monday, March 1, 2010

Pizza - Round 2!

Yesterday I spent the day in the kitchen making homemade pizza.  (See previous blog.)  They were delicious, but I was unhappy with the appearance of the "white blobs" from the fresh mozzarella being added at the end of the baking.  
Because I chose to make 8 individual pizzas, and we had lost interest after we ate 4, my husband suggested we grill the remaining 4 crusts, put them in the fridge over night, and make a second batch of pizza for dinner tonight. Twist my rubber arm!  (It's like a gift from God when I have a day off from having to come up with something to make for dinner!) Besides, I had all those leftover toppings and it would be a shame to waste them.  So that's exactly what we did.  I piled the grilled crusts with toppings straight from the fridge and threw them in the oven to warm them up.
To address the issue of the white blobs of cheese, I grated the fresh mozzarella this time around.  It's not exactly easy to grate, it kind of falls apart, but it definitely improved the appearance of the pizza.
I love a grilled crust, the charred bits add so much flavor. And the crusts were almost as good the second day as they were when they were fresh.  
I don't think I would have thought to make pizza two days in a row if weren't for my husband's suggestion but it gave me the perfect opportunity to experiment with the cheese as I was determined to improve the appearance of my first batch.

Okay, so this has all been lovely and educational but I'm really looking forward to making something sweet for my next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails