A mom's journal of the sweet things in her life...

Friday, February 5, 2010

Let the Blogging Begin...

One night, while my husband was off having the time of this life in Vegas, and after I finally put my two munchkins to bed after a very long day, I sat down to enjoy my favorite TV show and realized that it had not recorded on my PVR.  I was unreasonably upset...outraged to be honest.  How pathetic am I that my happiness is so dependent on my TV?  At a complete loss and feeling very deflated, I began puttering around on my computer and stumbled upon a plethora of food blogs that, up until that moment, I had no idea existed.  I was so taken with with the photos and the recipes that I completely forgot how mad I was at my PVR.  I was like a kid in a candy store!

I cannot count how many hours I have wasted just flipping through my ridiculous collection of cook books and gourmet magazines.  How many dinner parties I have planned in my head, from the appetizers I want to make, the platters I want to serve them on,  the garnish I want on the plates for my main course,  the dessert and espresso afterwards, right down to the music I want playing in the background.  Unfortunately, 90% of the time, nothing comes of these rather grandiose plans (or perhaps daydreams is more accurate). Being the mother of 2 very delicious little ones makes time a commodity of which there is never enough. Life just seems to get in the way.

So instead of dreaming of these far-too-rare blissful evenings with friends in which I unveil one culinary triumph after another (a serious daydreamer I am), I decided to scale it back.  I will tackle one small feat at a time. A loaf of bread on a Tuesday afternoon, a batch of chocolate chip cookies, or a 4 tier chocolate cake for no occasion at all.  

And while I'm at it, why not blog about it so I keep a running tab of my triumphs and failures in the kitchen?  So here I am.  A complete and utter rookie at this blogging thing but I am learning.  Slowly.

After viewing several blogs, it became evident to me that, despite my already ridiculous collection of cook books, I would need to add a few new ones to my repertoire.  They have been ordered, and in fact, I have received 2 already, "Baking From my Home to Yours" and "Baking with Julia" both by Dorie Greenspan. If these don't get me moving in my kitchen, I am truly a lost cause. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails